Running is a simple, effective form of exercise that allows you to throw on your trainers and head out the door for some fresh air and headspace. As a Mum, this is often the easiest way to fit some exercise in. However, after child birth the body requires some preparation to get you ready for pounding the pavement. Women often experience leaks, heaviness in the pelvic floor when they attempt their first run. The joints may feel unstable leading to pain or injury.
We wanted to create a course that prepares your body for the impact of running to minimise the risk of injury and to keep you leak free. You will start with a 1 hour comprehensive MOT with Women’s Health Physiotherapist Emily Nellist to assess your pelvic floor, alignment, breathing patterns and response to impact. This assessment will then be shared with your run coach Noemie Ram so they have a clear picture of which training programme your body needs to enable you to become run ready.
Steps to become Run Ready:
- if you are under 12 weeks post-birth we recommend that you attend our Physio + Restore course or Post-natal Fit course first
- if you are 12 weeks or more post-birth and have already been doing some exercise, book in with Emily for your MOT
- join the 5 week Run Ready course where you will follow a graded programme suited to your specific needs
- you will receive exercises to work on during the week
- join the Run Ready support group to link up with other women to train or run with
The cost for the 5 week run course is £75
The cost for the 1 hour MOT with Women’s Health Physio Emily is £140
Total cost £215